Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Greg Golson: "If they don't think that I'm ready..."

The Rangers recently acquired outfielder Greg Golson from the Phillies. Golson hit .282 in AA this year while striking out in 28% of his at-bats. He produced an OPS of .767 in 2008 (his 5th consecutive MiL season without exceeding an OPS of .800).

A local writer interviewed Golson this week and Greg had an interesting perspective regarding his 2009 expectations:
"My goal is to be in the big leagues...If they don't feel like I'm ready, I'll be more than willing to try to prove them wrong in the minor leagues."
After wiping away my tears of laughter, I was reminded of the classic Tommy Boy line:
"Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?!"
Greg saying that he "isn't sure" if Texas thinks that he is ready for the Major Leagues is kind of like saying, "I would like to date Marissa Miller, but I'm not sure if she would agree...so I might just stick with Rosie."







In other words: "Greg, you are NOT READY!!!!!!!!"

1 comment:

  1. Quality articles is the secret to be a focus for the viewers
    to pay a visit the web page, that's what this site is providing.


    Here is my blog post :: looking for a job

    ReplyDelete